Alumnus of the Year Award
At Elon University’s Homecoming each year, the Association shall present this award to a deserving alumnus who has best advanced the interests of the Association and Lambda-Lambda Chapter. The recipient shall receive an individual plaque with a permanent plaque to be maintained at the Lambda-Lambda Chapter House and available for display at the Association meetings.
2019 Award Winner
Carter Smith of Winston Salem NC has been named the recipient of the Lambda-Lambda Alumni Association (LLAA) Alumnus of the Year Award for 2019. Carter, #321, graduated in 1992 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. As an undergraduate Carter served as Grand Procurator for Kappa Sigma, as well as SGA President and SGA Vice President. He currently works in biotech pharmaceutical sales as a representative with Amgen. Carter is married to Sarah and has three sons: Rhodes, Hayes, and James Kenyon.
Carter has worked tirelessly for the LLAA and the undergraduate chapter. His contributions are beyond measure. We are all incredibly fortunate that to have him helping lead our association.
2000 Award Winner
2001 Award Winner
2002 Award Winner
2003 Award Winner
2004 Award Winner
2005 Award Winner
2006 Award Winner
2007 Award Winner
2008 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner
2010 Award Winner
2011 Award Winner
2012 Award Winner
2013 Award Winner
2014 Award Winner
2015 Award Winner
2016 Award Winner
2017 Award Winner
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
How to submit an Alumnus of the Year Nomination:
Alumnus of the Year Selection Process
Process to select Alumnus of the Year; Revised March, 2013
- On or before August 5 each year, the Chairman of the Board of Advisors (BoA) shall convene the BoA, and previous Alumnus of the Year recipients, to begin the process of selecting the current year recipient of the Alumnus of the Year award.
- On or before August 10, the BoA shall designate an Advisor to coordinate with the GS to send an email to Kappa Sigma National, the Alumni Association Board and Listserve, and previous recipients to ask for nominations, and post on the home page of the kappasigmaelon.org web site, and our KappaSigmaElon Facebook page, to ask for nominations by August 24, with nominations to be sent to any Advisor.
- The BoA will review and discuss the nominations during late August and early September via email, conference calls and other methods determined by the Chairman.
- The BoA shall present a nomination, or if consensus cannot be reached, a slate of nominations, to the EC/Board of Directors at the September Alumni Association meeting (1st Saturday after Labor Day). The nominee will be selected by vote by the board at that time. An email message with this information will be sent to the Board’s Yahoo group list within three business days.
- Within one week after the Board vote, the Chair of the BoA Scholarship committee, or other Advisor to be determined by the BoA, will order the plaque for the individual and the plate for the permanent plaque to be given to the GS of the chapter to affix to the permanent plaque, on or before Homecoming.
- The BoA shall strive to ensure that the current year recipient attends homecoming to receive the award in person.
- The award, and plaque, shall be presented to the recipient during the annual meeting by the GM of the alumni association during homecoming weekend.This process, upon approval by the board, shall be posted on the Web site page http://www.kappasigmaelon.org/alumnus-of-the-year/
- The Alumni Association GS shall notify the Webmaster to update the web site with the current recipients name, within one week after Homecoming.
- The Alumni Association GS or his designate shall notify the following organizations within one week after Homecoming via a press release or other document: Kappa Sigma National, Elon University Alumni Department, Kappa Sigma Elon Facebook page, Kappa Sigma Elon LinkedIn page